This post is practically tailored to all those who believe that getting an administrative job in a company is their life ambition to become rich.
I will be listing out the several top skills that have created millionaires in the world today. This shouldn’t be rocket science because the process has always been the same.
- Get a skill
- Perfect it
- Find a problem that your skill can solve
- Create a solution using the skill you have
- Market it very well
- Become rich.
Is becoming rich difficult? Hell No.
The only difficult part of this process is the first. “Getting a skill”
After a point in time, I stopped replying those who asked me questions like
“Please, how do I make money?”
The reason is that they always fail to answer the corresponding question which is
“What can you do?”
I will list out the top skills that have created millionaires, so I advise you now to learn it and start making your money.
Are we trying to copy them?
NO! These skills might look saturated outside the shores of this country, but right here, it remains a goldmine.
The average starting salary of a programmer in Nigeria is 200k monthly, which other skill can give you that?
Let’s not digress further.
What are the top skills that have created millionaires?
[box]Programming: Case study ==> Mark Zuckerberg (Web Development, Mobile App Development)[/box]
He was born in 1984. At 10 years old, he sees his father’s computer and learns to use it. At 11 years, he hires a programming tutor to help teach him. He starts reading a programming book called C++ for dummies.
With help from his friend D’Angelo, he starts perfecting his programming skills. He goes ahead to design a program that learns your music taste. Microsoft offers him $1 Million, and he turns it down.
He helps a firm (Winklevosse) design a dating site, after which he designs Facebook.com within a week. He gets $10 Million offer for Facebook and turns it down. He drops out of Harvard and moves to silicon valley.
He gets another offer of $1.5Billion from Viacom and turns it down again.
He gets another $1Billion offer from Yahoo and turns it down again.
Microsoft offers him $15 Billion for Facebook, Mark turns it down.
The first programmer he hired worked for just a week and left to open his own million dollars business named “Youtube”
Today, Mark Zuckerberg is among the 10 richest men in the world. Does it work for just whites?
We have the owners of VougePay in Nigeria, PayDirect, and several other businesses in Nigeria.
[box]Digital Marketing: Case Study ==> John Chow[/box]
This is one skill that has created more millionaires in Nigeria after politics. Thousands of youth in Nigeria has made so much money from practising digital marketing. As long as you surf the internet, you are making people rich.
Due to non-availability of details about our Nigerian Digital Marketing Millionaires, I will use John Chow as a simple example.
- Born in 1965 in China
- Moved to Canada with his parents at age 7
- Started his online business in his teenage age
- Dived into Digital Marketing
- Created several online businesses like JohnChow.com, TheTechZone.com, TTZMedia.com, DigitalFinder.com
- The moment he made money with Digital Marketing, he diversified his assets into other profitable ventures like real estate, stocks, bonds, etc.
Details of his wealth can be found below.
Does it also work in Nigeria? Yes!!! People like Tobi Ashendi, Mr Alabi of Alabian Solutions, and several others.
[box]Software Development: Case Study ==> Jeff Bezos[/box]
If you have ever heard of Amazon before, it was a simple software development skill that made its owner a multi Billionaire. Here is his short Biography
- Born on January 12, 1964
- Had an early love for computers and studied computer science at Princeton University
- After he quit his job in 1994, he decided to explore the untapped internet world.
- He set up his company in a garage along with a few employees and started developing software.
- They expanded operations, and eventually developed a test site
- After series of tests, Bezos opened Amazon.com in 1995.
- The success of Amazon (An initial test site) developed by Bezos was considered meteoric.
Nigeria is suffering a real deficit when it comes to skills in Information Technology. Extra hands are needed to explore this growing field of information.
Nigeria spends about $14 Billion purchasing software from abroad. If American and other foreign countries still need Information Technology guys to help grow their country, you should see the opportunities that abound in Nigeria.
My first software was sold to a Financial Institute in 2012 for $500,000. I am still enjoying the proceeds till date, and I want you to join me.
Chinedu Okezie is a Senior Android Developer with an IT firm in Lagos. I recommend this IT Institute for those interested in learning any of the above school.
Remember to subscribe for more articles like this.
Latest posts by Obinwanne Umunna (see all)
- Whatsapp Earning Method: How to Make Money on Whatsapp - October 13, 2018
- These are the Type of Skill Acquisition Programs that are Lucrative - September 30, 2018
- Simple Skills to Learn while unemployed to get a Job - September 13, 2018