It is no longer news that racking up skills is one of the surest ways to get jobs this 2018 in Nigeria. If you have read my letter “JOBLESS TO WORKING GRADUATE”, you would have a clue of the message I am trying to pass across. For every advertised job in Nigeria, there are thousands of job seekers that apply for the specific vacancy which only the talented would get[in most cases]. Unfortunately, there are lots of skills to learn; but not all of them can get you hired easily.These top 5 skills in Nigeria according to opinion is based on the amount of job searches that are related to them. In this article, I will list out the top 5 skills in Nigeria below.
This is among the top 5 skills in Nigeria, and it wouldn’t come as a surprise to many, but the surprise here is that not every IT skill is actually a hot skill in Nigeria. There are some IT skills that are considered drab skills; it means are not always needed and no much vacancy advert from them. So the hot skills under the IT sector include;
- Programming: Your ability to write codes using various programming languages like Python, C#, Java and a host of them to create wonderful exciting pieces of stuff like websites and computer software. This is one of the leading IT skills in 2018 because of its complexity, thereby creating a huge gap in the supply level of programmers. Once you acquire this skill, you can either work as a tutor or get picked up by a top-level firm.
- Graphics Design: Your ability to create exciting designs will easily help you locate jobs in so many firms. Most firms are no longer willing to outsource this service out, making them employ graphics designers in numbers. Having this skill can either allow you work from home, work as a tutor in an IT school or work for an organization that needs your services.
- Digital Marketing: The competition among firms has forced them to take most of their marketing campaigns online. Due to this new development, they are being forced to hire digital Marketers who will lead them through this campaign. Having this skill as a Jobseeker guarantees you a job no doubt. Even without guarantee, your chances of getting something doing are on the high side.
Other Notable IT skills include;
- Computer Engineering
- Website Design/Development
Due to the competition for a larger customer base, it has made the marketing job to be ranked among the top 5 skills in Nigeria right now in the job market.
NOTE: I won’t advise you to work as a marketing slave to some firms.
According to research, about 40% of daily job adverts has something to do with marketing. Getting this skill is something you would really love to have as an ace in your chambers. Your ability to show the recruiter that you can sell, and bring businesses to the company is a really something that most firms need now. It also opens up your chances of getting that job. The opinion that marketers work only on a commission basis is totally false. Marketing executives and Business Development officers earn cool and super amounts depending on your ability.
This is among the top 5 skills that can earn you a job. You must be someone who is outspoken and can be able to deliver messages precisely and clearly. A lot of consultancies, broadcasting, and advertising firms are on the lookout for people with such abilities. You can either write a detailed letter of introduction about yourself and what you can do, forward it to broadcasting houses and other related firms. Make sure your press them for feedback and most importantly, don’t ever give up.
Writing/Editing and Proofreading Skills
Due to the increase of blog and websites, a lot of firms are employing those who can create super contents for them on daily basis. Even most of us with full-time jobs are taking up such jobs as a side hustle. I believe that once you possess this skill, you can be able to gain employment for yourself with ease. For every blog and website you see, there is a content creator for them all. All you need do is to write a sales pitch to the owner of the site and wait for feedback. You can learn how to write a sales pitch “WRITE A GOOD SALES PITCH”
Customer service skills
If you can show a firm that you can help convert leads to customers, convert buying customers to long-term customers, then there are jobs waiting for you to possess. This difference between this skill and others is that you must have a certificate to back up your claims. There are lots of firms that offer certification training for customer service jobs, but only a few are genuine. You can do well to make an overall research about them and choose the one that is best for you.
Remember, have a skill you wish to build your career into; or the ones that can be combined in other to complement each other. Add other ideas using the comment section.
Like our facebook page @ www.facebook.com/topwritersden
- Why should you always use a grammar checker for writing? - May 9, 2020
- The Best “Do My Homework” Sites for Students - March 28, 2020
- Fast Hour Essay Writing Service: 6 Must-Have Features - February 10, 2020