In the world of writing, there are majorly 5 types of writers we have. Their qualities are not turn-offs; rather it is what makes them unique. In this article, I will be pointing out the types of writers you get to meet and their characteristics.
- Idea Bag: This type of writer has knowledge of virtually everything around. Bring up a topic and watch him devour it right in front of you. He knows what to write but he is never writing anything. I wouldn’t say it is a bad attribute, if only you can channel your energy towards becoming an writing consultant.
- Procrastinator: He is the advanced Idea Bag that is ready to write but can never just fix a date to begin. He will personally console himself with the fact that he is so much occupied with lots of work at hand. He believes he will start off one day, but that day never just seems to come. He has already drawn his plans and he is just waiting to kick off when the time is right. But can her ever have the right time? We will get to know.
- Multi-Tasker: I call him this because you will never see him concentrating on a single story or book to finish it. The moment he feels the motivation is gone, he revives his motivation by switching over to another story. Always starting but never ever ending any story. If you pay a trip to his personal computer, you will see lots of unfinished worked being piled up. This quality is good if only you are willing to be selling off your drafts for a low fee.
- Slow Snail: One day at a time is his motto. He rather spends a full year on a single project than multi-task. He is never out of motivation on any project he is carrying out. I call him a “slow snail” because he believes that whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. This quality is good if only you can create great contents that will make your readers droll and wait in anticipation for the next big thing to come from you.
- The Fast and Furious: He comes and goes just like speed of light. He has the ability to create about 3 long stories in a single month. He doesn’t care how good it is, all he wants is to keep dishing out articles and books for readers to keep “enjoying”. He doesn’t bother whether he is the best or not. In fact, he feels he is not in competition with anybody. All he wants is just to keep writing till he has nothing to write at that moment again. This quality is good if you are willing to hire an editor to help you fine-tune whatever you have created.
There are lots of other types of writers we can have, but I believe these are the main ones. It boils down to improving and fine-tuning your skill to your own benefit. Which type of writer are you? Say it through the comment box for the fun of it.
Latest posts by Obinwanne Umunna (see all)
- Are you a Graduate without a Job? How to Create a Job from Home - March 20, 2019
- Types of Graduates in Nigeria – No 1 will blow your minds - March 16, 2019
- How to get a high paying job in 4 months in Nigeria - March 11, 2019